Come enjoy this wonderful museum on their free admission days at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago ! (click link at bottom for more information) The MSI’s ongoing mission has been to inspire the inventive genius in visitors with world-class, permanent and temporary exhibits (learn more here) such as:
- The U-505 Submarine, the only German U-boat in the United States
- The Great Train Story, with more than 30 trains on 1,400 feet of track
- The Coal Mine, which allows guests to descend into an Illinois mine
- Earth Revealed, which provides a stunning look at our planet and the forces that affect it
- Fast Forward … Inventing the Future, showcases cutting-edge technology and innovation from inventors from around the world
- Smart Home: Green + Wired, the three story, modular ‘green’ home that sports a redesigned ’empty nester’ theme, created by Midwest Living magazine.
- The MSI’s newest permanent exhibit, Science Storms, lets visitors experience and discover the science behind some of nature’s most awesome phenomena.