Come on out and enjoy a FREE day at the Shedd Aquarium! Didja know that Illinois Residents enjoy FREE admission to Shedd Aquarium 52 days a year! Experience unbelievable animals from around the world! Admission NOW includes all permanent exhibits, Amphibians special exhibit, aquatic presentation (subject to availability) and seasonal Stingray Touch (open late May to October). 4-D Experience admission is a $4.95 upgrade for all guests.
Online Free Day tickets much be reserved at least one day in advance of your visit.
Upcoming Illinois Resident Free Days in 2017::
- June 5, 6, 12, 13
- August 28, 29
- September 6 to 30
HERE’S THE POSITIVE CHANGE: On Illinois resident free days you now have access to all of the permanent exhibits in the whole Aquarium. This includes:
- the Wild Reef where you can splash into a coral reef in the Philippines and get a diver’s-eye view of a diverse marine metropolis, while viewing sharks, stingrays and living coral all below surface
- Sting Ray Touch where stingrays swim around in a shallow tank and you can feel them as the swim up or swim by (Spoiler alert: they’re firm but squishy).
- The Aquatic show in the Oceanarium which is the big show with the dolphins and whales
- The Abbott Oceanarium immerses you in the vibrant coastal ecosystem of the Pacific Northwest. As you stroll along the coast, encounter beluga whales, Pacific white-sided dolphins, sea lions and sea otters. You’ll also find a host of fishes and invertebrates that make their homes where freshwater flows into the ocean or where tides turn seascapes to landscapes and back again each day.
- Learn about polar opposites while you play and see whales, dolphins and sea otters in the underwater viewing space in Shedd’s Polar Play Zone.