Want to see an outdoor movie in Chicago for FREE? Why not check out the Park at Wrigley movie series, which kicks off Wednesday, June 14 with John Hughes’ “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off,” a perfect choice to start the summer series. Hughes was a longtime Chicago-area resident, and the movie features Wrigley Field and the Cubs. “The first show will feature Cubs player Robert “Bobby” Dernier, who will be talking about his thoughts about the ‘Ferris Bueller’ filming during the game,” Oestreich said. The park opens at 7 p.m. and admission is free. Spectators are encouraged to bring chairs and blankets for the green space’s lawn seating area. A limited number of lawn chairs can be rented at the venue for $5, and reserved Adirondack seating is available behind the lawn for $20 (cash only).
Bring your blanket and lean back to enjoy the Park at Wrigley’s free summer movie series presented by Chicago’s premier venue for independent and classic films, Music Box Theatre. Kicking off in June, join us every other Wednesday as we screen the coming-of-age comedy The Sandlot, to the classic Chicago staple Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – we’ve got a lineup you don’t want to miss. View the entire film series schedule below. Screenings will take place at sunset. Join us starting at 7 p.m. as each screening will feature an exciting preshow from music to talent. Food and beverages including Nuts on Clark, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams and food truck faire will be available for purchase at each showing. Limited reserved seating will be available onsite at the Park. No cost for movies at the Park at Wrigley. Join us for free. Space is limited, so please arrive on time to secure your space. Still have questions about Music Box Theatre Movies at the Park? View Movies at the Park Frequently Asked Questions.
Food and beverages are available for purchase. In the event of inclement weather, like baseball, the show will not go on. Updates will be available via the Park at Wrigley social media channels, as well as the website.
MUSIC BOX THEATRE MOVIES AT THE PARK SCHEDULE
- June 14: Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – Guest will experience a preview of Under the Gun’s show, Save Ferris: The Unofficial Sequel to Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, currently running through July.
- June 28: The Jungle Book – As an extension of Music Box Theatre’s Cinema Science program and in collaboration with the Field Museum, ornithologist Sushma Reddy will provide visitors with insights behind the science of the film, The Jungle Book.
- July 12: Rookie of the Year – Actor, singer, musician, producer, director, writer and Rookie of the Year star Thomas Ian Nicholas will highlight his experience playing Cubs pitcher Henry Rowengartner.
- July 26: Ghostbusters – Guests can snap a photo with the Windy City Ghostbusters, plus the Gatekeeper, Keymaster, Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and Inflatable Slimmer.
- August 9: The Sandlot – Guests are in for a treat with fun, interactive games and comedy from ComedySportz.
- August 23: The Blues Brothers – Live music performed by Old Town School of Folk Music.