Don't bite your iPhone

Public Service Announcement – Don’t Ever Bite an iPhone Battery

We are always looking out for you here at The Free Things to Do Network and today we have a little bit of advice for you — don’t bite your iPhone battery. One man found this out the hard way, Appleinsider reports, causing a minor explosion at an electronics store in China. The battery exploded in a flash of flames at a second-hand electronics market in China. The lithium batteries found in iPhones cannot be removed by users and the phones have to be carefully taken apart by technicians to reveal the markings of the manufacturer.

 

Don't bite your iPhone

 

You can check out a video of the incident here.

 

This old iPhone battery exploded in a man’s hand just after he bit it to check if it was real. This amazing footage shows the man bringing an iPhone battery up to his face, then biting it, and as he removes the battery from his mouth, it explodes. Taiwan News reported that the customer was at the store buying a replacement battery for his iPhone and that because Chinese electronics stores often carry fake Apple products, the man was probably biting it as a way to test its authenticity.

 

Apparently nobody was hurt and the video — CCTV footage posted to Miaopai.com — is nearing five million views. However, that no one was injured by the blast is probably just a major stroke of luck, so please don’t go repeating it just for fun.

 

Via: AppleInsider

Comments are closed.