Friday, Feb. 9, is National Pizza Day and it’s worth celebrating. Whether it’s thin crust, stuffed crust, deep dish, Chicago style or New York style — you can’t argue that pizza is a favorite of Americans coast to coast. So, what better way to celebrate than grabbing a slice of your own? Pizza is delicious any day of the year, but it tastes even better when you score some for a great price. In celebration of National Pizza Day, restaurants and pizza chains across the country are serving up both discounts and freebies. Here are some spots where you can honor our city’s pizza heritage while saving some dough.
Here are all the deals we’ve managed to find so far. If we see more, we’ll be sure to add them to the list (and feel free to leave a comment below if you find a great deal on pizza that we didn’t list here):
- Baskin-Robbins: Get a free sample of Baskin-Robbins’ new Sweetheart Polar Pizza on National Pizza Day between 3 PM and 7 PM at participating locations. Call your closest location for details.
- California Pizza Kitchen: Try CPK’s new cauliflower crust for no extra charge. ($2.50 after February 9th.)
- Chuck E. Cheese’s: Buy a large pizza and get a thin & crispy pepperoni pizza free from February 5th – 9th.
- Cicis: All-you-can-eat pizza for less than $6 at participating locations.
- Domino’s: The omnipresent chain is offering select menu items—in quantities of two or more—for $5.99 each; medium two-topping pizzas, sandwiches, pastas and more are available at that price point. Medium two-topping pan pizzas are $8.99, and a carryout large three-topping pizza is $7.99. Choose any 2 or more items from a select menu for $5.99 each, medium 2-topping handmade pan pizzas are $8.99 each and large 3-topping pizzas are $7.99 each.
- Giordano’s: Use promo code “DEEPDISH” to take $5 off orders of $25 or more at participating locations.
- Godfather’s Pizza: Get any two large, one-topping pizzas for $22 or get a medium one-topping pizza for $3.99 with the purchase of a large specialty pizza.
- Little Caesars: Upgrade from a classic Hot-N-Ready to an ExtraMostBestest pizza for $1.
- Pilot Flying J: Download the myPilot app to receive a digital coupon for a free slice of PJ Fresh Pizza.
- Papa John’s Pizza: Save 40% off an online order with coupon code “40PIZZA”
- Papa Murphy’s: Get $2 off any large pizza and $3 off any family-size pizza. Both offers are online only.
- Pizza Hut: Hut Rewards Members will receive 30% off menu-priced pizzas today only. If you aren’t already a member, you can sign up at http://www.PizzaHut.com/HutRewards.
- Round Table Pizza: Get a free Personal Pizza (cheese or pepperoni) with the purchase of any Pepsi fountain drink from 2 PM to 5 PM on February 9th. Limit one free pizza per guest.
- Whole Foods Market: Large “Take & Bake” pizzas on sale for $9.99 at participating stores.
This is hardly an exhaustive list, so be sure to poke around and call your local shops and grocery stores for more deals. We will do our best to keep this list up to date throughout the day as well, so don’t forget to check back here later and see if there are any deals or freebies you might have missed the first time around.
- Uno Pizzeria & Grill: Takeout pizzas are buy one, get one for $5.
- Connie’s Pizza: Customers earn double “Very Important Pizza Person” points on any order today.
- Cicis (Niles, Streamwood, Naperville, Plainfield): Get up to four toppings on a personal pizza at no extra charge.
- Home Run Inn: The chain is offering heart-shaped pizzas through Valentine’s Day starting today.