Come out and enjoy this wonderful Chicago Science and Industry museum on their 2019 free admission days, including 31 FREE DAYS in January and February 2019! (click link at bottom for more information) at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago ! The MSI’s ongoing mission has been to inspire the inventive genius in visitors with world-class, permanent and temporary exhibits such as:
- The U-505 Submarine, the only German U-boat in the United States
- Future Energy Chicago, Preserving our future takes both discovery and change—a transformation of how we think about energy. Team up and collaborate in an immersive Simulation Lab where you help decide Chicago’s energy future.
- The Great Train Story, with more than 30 trains on 1,400 feet of track
- VR Spacewalk – Take on the role of an astronaut working outside the International Space Station in this virtual experience. See the Earth as never before and face the dangers of space in this virtual reality experience. VR Spacewalk combines state-of-the-art VR goggles with exciting motion and 4D effects to fully immerse you in the first-person role of an astronaut performing critical repairs to the International Space Station… until something goes wrong. VR Spacewalk launches you directly into an environment so detailed and real, you may want to reach out and touch it.
- The Coal Mine, which allows guests to descend into an Illinois mine
- Earth Revealed, which provides a stunning look at our planet and the forces that affect it
- Fast Forward … Inventing the Future, showcases cutting-edge technology and innovation from inventors from around the world
- Smart Home: Green + Wired, the three story, modular ‘green’ home that sports a redesigned ’empty nester’ theme, created by Midwest Living magazine.
- The MSI’s newest permanent exhibit, Science Storms, lets visitors experience and discover the science behind some of nature’s most awesome phenomena.
Upcoming FREE DAYS in 2019 are:
2019 Illinois Free Days
Illinois residents receive free Museum Entry1 in 2019 on these upcoming dates:
|January 2019||7–10, 14–17, 21–24, 28–31|
|February 2019||4–7, 11–14, 19–21, 25–28|
Schedule is subject to change.
1 On Illinois Free Days, Museum Entry is free for all Illinois residents who show valid proof of residency. No further Chicago residency discounts apply on Illinois Free Days. Limited to six children (under 18) admitted per one accompanying adult. (See chaperone ratios and policies for School-led Field Trips and Groups of 15+.) Giant Dome Theater films, Coal Mine and optional U-505 onboard tours, and certain temporary exhibits are not included in Museum Entry, and require separate admission. (See Ticket Prices on Illinois Free Days and Parking.)
On Illinois Free Days, general admission is free for all Illinois residents who show valid proof of residency. No further Chicago residency discounts apply on Illinois Free Days. Omnimax films, the optional U-505 onboard tour, and certain temporary exhibits are not included in general admission, and require separate admission.