Chicago Mayor Richard Daley is joining up with Dr. Mehmet Oz and FOX Chicago to host the FREE Dr. Oz Health Expo: Chicago on Saturday, Nov. 6 from 9am to 5pm in Millennium Park. At the Expo, you can have your cholesterol, blood glucose, blood pressure, weight and waist size (fat around your belly/waist) checked. On Wednesday during a press conference, Oz checked Daley’s waist size, which should be about half your height (or less). Daley did not pass. The Dr. Oz Health Expo will also include ” The Just 10 Challenge ,” which lets participants learn the benefits of losing just ten pounds. Participants will also be able to learn their vital stats and “RealAge” inside the “Truth Tube,” which is used on Dr. Oz’s television show set.
Oz, who is vice-chair of the Department of Surgery and Professor of Surgery at New York’s Columbia University and directs the Cardiovascular Institute and Complementary Medicine Program at New York Presbyterian Hospital, rose to prominence through numerous appearances as a health expert on the Chicago-based “Oprah Winfrey Show” beginning in 2004.
Chefs from around Chicago will also do demonstrations of how to make the ” Perfect 500 Calorie Dinner .”
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Millennium Park, Chicago, IL
On Saturday, November 6, Chicago-area fans of The Dr. Oz Show can bring the show to life and take charge of their personal health. The first-ever Dr. Oz Health Expo will take place at Millennium Park.
The Dr. Oz Health Expo: Chicago will include a free Know Your 5 screening for the first 1000 pre-registered participants who will receive medical tests and readings for the 5 lifesaving numbers they need to know – cholesterol, blood glucose, blood pressure, weight and waist size. Click here to register for your free Chicago Know Your 5 screening. To find out where you can get a discounted Know Your 5 health screening in your area, click here.
- The Just 10 Challenge – This exhibit will let you explore the benefits of losing Just 10 pounds. Members of the Just 10 expert team will be present, and a station for each of the Just 10 tips will equip you with the information and motivation you need to get started. Click here to learn more about the Just 10 Challenge and get your free Just 10 bracelet.
- The AOD Anatomy Lab – Don Dr. Oz’s purple gloves. Touch and learn about the real organs that you see on the show every day. A team of medical students will be on-hand to share fascinating insights on how your body works.
- Truth Tube: Chicago – Straight from the set! Learn your vital stats and RealAge, and what you can do to improve or maintain your health. Are you brave enough to enter the Truth Tube?
- Dr. Oz’s Dinner Club: Chicago – Well-known chefs from the Chicago area will train you to make the Perfect 500 Calorie Dinner according to Dr. Oz’s Dinner Club Rules. Sample the delicious and nutritious meals for yourself. Click here to learn how you can join and submit your healthy recipes to Dr. Oz’s Dinner Club.
- The Pledge – Make your pledge to stay healthy. This area of the Expo will be a space where you can write letters to yourself or your loved ones vowing to make the changes necessary for you to start living a healthier life. Click here to take Dr. Oz’s Health Pledge now.