Did you know that you and your family can check out FREE Museum pass for 14 of Chicago museums, including:
Adler Planetarium | Art Institute of Chicago | Brookfield Zoo | Chicago Botanic Garden | Chicago Children’s Museum | Chicago History Museum | DuSable Museum of African American History | The Field Museum | Lincoln Park Zoo | Museum of Contemporary Art | Museum of Science and Industry | National Museum of Mexican Art | The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum | Shedd Aquarium
Just go to any Chicago Public Library location and check out the free Great Kids Museum Passports to 14 of Chicago’s world-class cultural institutions. Made possible by a generous grant from Kraft Foods, through the Chicago Public Library Foundation, the Great Kids Museum Passport program is part of an ongoing commitment by Kraft to support the development of Chicago’s Great Kids.
How the Great Kids Museum Passports Work
- Adult residents of the City of Chicago may check out a Museum Passport at all Chicago Public Library locations with their valid Chicago Public Library card.
- One Museum Passport can be checked out per person, per loan period. The loan period for each Great Kids Museum Passport is ONE WEEK.
- Each library location has a limited number of Museum Passports for each of the 14 museums.
- The overdue fine for Museum Passports is $2 per day, with a maximum limit of $20. The charge for a LOST Museum Passport is $60, plus any overdue fines.
- Only one Museum Passport per household may be checked out at one time.
- Museum Passports must be returned to the main desk of the library location where they were checked out.
- Museum Passports cannot be renewed or reserved.
- There will be a waiting period of 24 hours after returning a Museum Passport before another passport from the same museum may be checked out to any adult member of the same family.
Read more about the collections of each museum by checking out the related books listed under each museum.
Please read over the information below for specific museum guidelines.
The Library recommends that you check the website of each museum before your visit to note current hours and exhibition information.
For information on how to reach the museums by public transit, please visit each museum’s website or the Chicago Transit Authority.