The 11th annual Winter Wonderfest transforms Navy Pier into an indoor winter wonderland full of games, rides, music and a forest of beautifully decorated trees through January 8, 2012. New this year is an added week of family fun with 170,000 square feet of rides, inflatable slides, entertainment, stunning holiday lights and decor, and much more! There’s more fun than ever before to be had in the 11th annual edition of Winter WonderFest, presented by Bank of America, a beloved Chicago holiday tradition that runs from December 2, 2011 – January 8, 2012. This year, Navy Pier has extended Winter WonderFest by one week, to January 8, 2012, to provide even more time to enjoy the warmth of winter inside an enchanted 170,000-square-foot holiday hamlet! Bring the entire family to experience the holiday décor, music, entertainment, the Chicago Blackhawks indoor ice skating rink, huge inflatable slides, rides, and plenty of fun.
- FREE admission; wristbands required for all activities.
- Wristbands/packages: $14-$54.
- Visit http://www.winterwonderfest.com/admission.html#early for details.
Don’t miss this year’s new attractions:
- Sleigh rides down Dock Street on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays during the festival!
- Live Bands: Friday and Saturday nights, 7:30 – 10 pm. Chicago’s top “party bands” will perform your favorite hits and get you up on your feet, as the summertime’s Landshark Beer Garden adult experience moves inside for the holidays.
- Navy Pier’s Family New Year’s Eve Bash (New entertainment), Saturday, December 31, from 6 – 7:45 pm;
- Once again this year, families can ring in the New Year… a little bit early… with new entertainment! Navy Pier presents a spectacular all-ages showcase of hip-hop dance and live music at the Winter WonderStage. The celebration culminates with a special 8:15 pm Family Fireworks show on Dock Street.
- Also on Saturday, December 31, Navy Pier presents a spectacular New Year’s Eve Midnight Fireworks Show, and invites all Chicagoans to come enjoy this lakefront event and ring in 2012.