It’s cold, it’s February in Chicago so let’s get out of the cold and take in some of the Free Days at Museums in Chicago in February 2013 — We love Chicago’s FREE museums, many of which host free days in February 2013! Check out the free admission days in February 2013 at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, Museum of Contemporary Art and the Chicago Children’s Museum!
Didn’t click on the current month? CLICK HERE for the LATEST MONTH with FREE MUSEUMS IN CHICAGO
Out-of-state visitors may continue to take advantage of great discounted admission offers that include special prices for seniors, children, educators, active-duty military personnel, museum members and others. Check individual museums’ websites for details. Are there some we are missing? Leave a comment and we’ll add them!
- February: Winter Weekdays Promotion: Every Weekday to February 13.
- NEW — Free Thursday Evenings – Beginning February 14, 2013, admission to the Art Institute of Chicago is free to Illinois residents every Thursday from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Charnley-Persky House Museum – FREE guided tours are offered every Wednesday at 12 Noon. Tours are limited to 15 guests, first-come, first-served.
Chicago Children’s Museum – FREE for all visitors every Thursday, 5-8 pm. FREE on the first Sunday of each month (February 3) for children 15 and under.
Chicago History Museum – FREE ALL MONTH!!! Monday, February 4–Thursday, February 28
Clarke House Museum – CHICAGO’S OLDEST HOUSE – Wednesdays
Field Museum – February 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, 22, 25, 26, 27, 28
- CLICK HERE for 25+ Fun Things to Do in Downtown Chicago in 2013
- CLICK HERE for Free Things to Do This Weekend
- CLICK HERE for FREE TICKETS to the CHICAGO AUTO SHOW in February
- CLICK HERE to get our Daily Email of Freebies and Free Things to Do in Chicago
Jane Addams Hull House Museum – Free every day
Loyola University Museum of Art – Tuesdays
Museum of Contemporary Art – Tuesdays
Museum of Science and Industry – February 6, 13, 20, 27
Museum of Surgical Science – Tuesdays
The National Museum of Mexican Art – Free Tuesdays to Sundays
Notebaert Nature Museum – February 7, 14, 21, 28
Shedd Aquarium — February: 4, 5, 11, 12, 17, 18, 19, 25, 26
Smart Museum of Art at University of Chicago – Free every day
Swedish American Museum – Second Tuesday is Free – February 12