“Klingon Christmas Carol” is back in Chicago on Dec 2 … And 3 cans of food gets you in for FREE! Commedia Beauregard is proud to once again be hosting a very special Food Drive in conjunction with one of our performances of A Klingon Christmas Carol in Chicago. On Monday, December 2, 2013 at 8:00pm, Commedia Beauregard’s annual “Pay With Your Can” performance of A Klingon Christmas Carol gives audience members discounted admission in exchange for non-perishable food items to be donated to the Greater Chicago Food Depository. Bringing one food item will provide a $10 off discount, or receive FREE admission by bringing three or more food items.
A Klingon Christmas Carol is the hilarious and surprisingly heart-warming translation of Charles Dickens’ classic holiday tale into the language and culture of Star Trek’s famous warrior aliens, the Klingons. SQuja’ (Scrooge) is a coward with no honor, but when the ghost of his business partner marlI’ attacks to warn him of the eternal torment that awaits him, he is given a chance at redemption. Three spirits will visit SQuja’ to convince him to regain his honor and become a proper Klingon warrior… but will he see the light in time to save tiny tImHom from certain death? This is a tale full of fierce combat, time travel, and guttural snarls, and it is all drolly narrated by a representative from the Vulcan Institute of Cultural Anthropology. Now in it’s 4th year in Chicago, A Klingon Christmas Carol is the first full-length play ever to be performed entirely in the actual Klingon language. Don’t speak Klingon? Don’t worry, there are English supertitles projected above the stage. This year’s production has been reinvented with new “Steampunk Klingon” costumes, a gritty new multi-level set, new weapons, new soundscape, new cast, and even a new Scrooge witH Clark Bender stepping into the cowardly boots of SQuja’!
Date: December 2nd, 2013
Time: 8:00 p.m.
How It Works
- On the day of the show, you bring with you a non-perishable food item. Or, bring more than one (we suggest 3 or more).
- The food that you bring along will be collected at the box office for the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- In exchange for the donated food items, they will give you a discount on your ticket. Or, even better, they’ll let you into the show for FREE!
- Bring one (1) canned food item, you get $5 off your ticket at the door.
- Bring three (3) canned food items, you get in to the show for FREE!
Now … a couple of bits of info:
- This deal only works on December 2nd, 2013 for the 8 p.m. show.
- The tickets are first come first serve at the door. In past years a long line formed trying to get these tickets. Please take that into account.
- We cannot guarantee any tickets in advance in exchange for cans. If you want to guarantee your seats for that performance, you must reserve them and pay for them in the normal way.
WHEN: Monday, December 2 at 8:00pm.
WHERE: Raven Theatre Complex, 6157 N Clark St (at Granville Ave), Chicago, IL 60660.
HOW: The discounted tickets are first come first serve at the door. A long line usually forms quickly, so patrons are encouraged to arrive early!