If you are or know a member of the Chicago Fire or Police — tell them about this great Chicago freebie. Beginning March 23, every member of the police and fire departments can redeem two tickets for one of 15 games. The U.S. Cellular Field Ticket Office will be available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on non-game days. Firefighters and officers will be required to show their department identification and badge in order to claim the tickets. The deadline to redeem is Friday, May 15.
“Every day, the men and women of the Chicago Police and Fire Departments risk their lives to make our city a safer place,” said White Sox Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf. “They are like family to us at the White Sox and we are proud to welcome our brothers and sisters of the departments to the ballpark to enjoy a game. It is a simple way to say thank you for their everyday bravery and service.”
The 15 White Sox games available include:
- April 20 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- April 21 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- April 22 vs. Cleveland Indians, 1:10 p.m.
- April 23 vs. Kansas City Royals, 7:10 p.m.
- May 5 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:10 p.m.
- May 6 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:10 p.m.
- May 7 vs. Detroit Tigers, 1:10 p.m.
- May 18 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- May 19 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- May 20 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- May 21 vs. Cleveland Indians, 7:10 p.m.
- June 9 vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 p.m.
- June 10 vs. Houston Astros, 7:10 p.m.
- June 17 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7:10 p.m.
- June 18 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 7: 10 p.m.
This season is the fourth consecutive year the team has provided tickets to police officers and the third season the offer has been extended to Chicago firefighters. Since the program’s inception, the White Sox have provided department members more than 55,000 game tickets, the team said.