Did you know that National Coffee Day is Tuesday Sept. 29, and many restaurant and breakfast chains are offering deals to help you celebrate your favorite morning cuppa Joe. In honor of National Coffee Day 2015, you’ll be able to enjoy coffee deals at 11 national (or nearly national) businesses–ranging from Krispy Kreme to Caribou Coffee to Cumberland Farms. Some of these deals also happen to benefit good causes.As über coffee lovers, we can’t get enough of the caffeinated stuff.
What we love most about this food holiday is that restaurants and retailers step up to the plate and celebrate right along with coffee addicts like us. In many instances they have created some kind of special offer to celebrate. Some are giving away free coffee. Others are throwing in free food. Since free is our favorite price, combined with our favorite beverage, coffee, well, how could the day get any better.
Here is a list of deals and freebies to help you get your fix:
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Dunkin’ Donuts is celebrating National Coffee Day by giving guests a free medium cup of Dunkin’ Donuts hot or iced Dark Roast Coffee (with a limit of one per guest). You don’t have to be a member of DD Perks to receive this freebie. Also, free offers at DD can vary from franchise to franchise. So ask first so you aren’t disappointed.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods Markets nationwide have been celebrating National Coffee Day all month, giving customers coffee for just 25 cents! Even better that coffee purchase could help support a good cause. If you buy an Allegro Coffee for a quarter, Whole Foods will donate $1 to the Whole Planet Foundation.
- Pilot Flying J, the travel centers on highways, will celebrate National Coffee Day with free 16-ounce cups of coffee when customers display an online coupon available on the company’s Facebook page.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: Free small cup of Peet’s Major Dickason Blend with any purchase of a baked good, oatmeal or fresh food item. At Peet’s Coffee cafes you get free coffee when you purchase a breakfast item–a baked good, Simply Oatmeal, or fresh food. This freebie is available at its more than 250 stores in nine states, plus Washington, D.C.
- Caribou Coffee – This National Coffee Day deal from Caribou Coffee is worth noting because it benefits a good cause. For every cup of Amy’s Blend coffee purchased on September 29, Caribou Coffee will donate a cup of coffee to nurses and families in cancer centers throughout the country–as a tribute to the brand’s original roastmaster, Amy Erickson, who died from breast cancer in 1995.
- WaWa: Free coffee in the size of your choice.
- Cumberland Farms locations nationwide (there are nearly 600) are waiting until October to celebrate National Coffee Day and will be doing so starting October 9th with Free Coffee Fridays. Your free cup can be Farmhouse Blend or Farmhouse Bold coffee, hot or iced in any size.
- Krispy Kreme: You’ll get two freebies from Krispy Kreme on September 29–a free glazed doughnut and a free cup of coffee.
- LaMar’s Donuts: LaMar’s Donuts National Coffee Day offer includes free coffee and a free coffee mug. You’ll need to visit the LaMar’s Facebook page to have this offer emailed to you. Then, follow the instructions to receive your free 12-ounce cup of coffee and free coffee mug, while supplies last. Lamar’s has 26 stores in six states.
- JetBlue’s celebrating National Coffee Day in the air: Traveling? No worries, National Coffee Day deals are also taking off above ground. JetBlue’s Mint customers will have the opportunity to sip on espresso brews from the Brooklyn Roasting Company.
- Sheetz: Free cup of coffee.
- Eight O’Clock Coffee –Eight O’Clock, the brand you know best for coffee, is using National Coffee Day to launch its latest product–Coffee Thins. On September 29 only, log onto the Eight O’Clock website to request your free samples of Coffee Thins by mail. This offer is while supplies last.
- IKEA – For those who are members of this retailer’s free program IKEA Family, every day is National Coffee Day. That’s because when you show your IKEA Family card in the cafe whenever you visit an IKEA store, you always get a free cup of coffee (or tea, if you like)!
Beatrix (519 N. Clark Street): Receive $2 Nitro pours OR upgrade to a $3 Caramel Cream Nitro or Pumpkin Cream Nitro available all day! Plus, bring in your receipt from today’s purchase from 9/30-10/2 and receive $1 OFF your coffee purchase at the coffee bar.
Café Lavazza at Eataly (43 E. Ohio Street): Free espresso with any purchase today.
Dunkin’ Donuts (various locations): Receive on free hot or iced medium dark roast. No purchase necessary.
Peet’s Coffee & Tea (various locations): Receive a free small cup of their signature blend, with food purchase.
Stan’s Donuts (1560 N. Damen Avenue): With every purchase of Stumptown nitro cold brew in Wicker Park, receive one free glazed donut.