This is going to be a good March in Chicago. The folks at Goose Island decided they wanted another reason to drink in the middle of March that didn’t involve green beer. After much deliberation they came up with 312 Day, a made up holiday on March 12th (3/12… get it?) that celebrates their hometown, Chicago. 312 Day is all about bringing the community together to celebrate great beer!
But why just celebrate Chicago’s biggest area code for only one day? So Goose Island is hosting a weeklong extravaganza and it starts with on March 5 with a FREE screening of quintessential Chicago movie Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and continues with FREE pizza parties, cheap concerts, FREE museum admission and discounted Bulls tickets (all accompanied by FREE Goose Island beer).
Goose Island is also giving away FREE tickets to Second City’s Dream Freaks Fall from Space on March 8, FREE hot dogs at Superdawg on March 9 and vouchers for FREE museum days at the Chicago History Museum, Shedd Aquarium and Museum of Contemporary Art on March 11.
The festivities culminate on March 12 at House of Vans, with a FREE concert from Detroit rapper Danny Brown and local hip-hop star Joey Purp (see concert poster at bottom).
You can see the full list of events for 312 day below or, if you find something you like, purchase tickets here.
Monday, March 5
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off screening at Logan Theatre, 8pm.
Tuesday, March 6
- Namastay Flowing: Yoga + Climbing at Brooklyn Boulders Chicago, 6–8pm.
- Pizza Party with ShowYouSuck at Boiler Room, 7–10pm.
- Skinny Lister at Lincoln Hall, 8pm. RSVP for $3.12 tickets
Wednesday, March 7
- Chicago Bulls vs. Memphis Grizzlies at United Center, 7pm.
- Blues Brews with Dave Specter at Buddy Guy’s Legends, 9:30pm.
- $5 Burgers & Beer at Rocking Horse, Flo, Dusek’s, The Harding Tavern and Burger Bar.
Thursday, March 8
- Rosebud with Ariel Zetina + Br0nz3_g0d3ss at Berlin Nightclub, 10pm.
- Ty Dolla $ign at House of Blues, 6:30pm. RSVP for $3.12 tickets
- Dream Freaks Fall from Space at Second City, 8pm.
Friday, March 9
- Ping Pong + Lunch at AceBounce, noon–3pm.
- Chicago-style Dogs at Superdawg, 11am.
Saturday, March 10
- Chicago Architecture Tour at Chicago Trolley and Double Decker Co., noon.
- Chicago Street Art Tour at East Room, 3pm.
- Keys N Krates at Concord Music Hall, 8pm.
Sunday, March 11
- Free Museum Day at Chicago History Museum, Shedd Aquarium and Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Gospel Brunch at House of Blues, 10am.
Monday, March 12
- 312 Day with Danny Brown + Joey Purp at House of Vans Chicago, 7pm.