If your Chicago student shows up for the first day of classes Tuesday at a CPS school, they will get FREE TICKETS to the Museum of Science and Industry tickets. The museum is offering the reward for the 12th year in a row as a way to celebrate the start of the school year. A voucher for up to three adult or child tickets will be available in the information packets students receive on the first day of school on Sept. 4. The voucher must be redeemed at the museum between Sept. 4 and June 18, 2019. The museum is open 9:30 a.m.-4 p.m., though its hours are extended to 5:30 p.m. during peak periods.
One you get your voucher, come on out and enjoy this wonderful museum (click link at bottom for more information) at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago! The MSI’s ongoing mission has been to inspire the inventive genius in visitors with world-class, permanent and temporary exhibits such as:
- The U-505 Submarine, the only German U-boat in the United States
- The Great Train Story, with more than 30 trains on 1,400 feet of track
- The Coal Mine, which allows guests to descend into an Illinois mine
- Earth Revealed, which provides a stunning look at our planet and the forces that affect it
- Fast Forward … Inventing the Future, showcases cutting-edge technology and innovation from inventors from around the world
- Smart Home: Green + Wired, the three story, modular ‘green’ home that sports a redesigned ’empty nester’ theme, created by Midwest Living magazine.
- The MSI’s newest permanent exhibit, Science Storms, lets visitors experience and discover the science behind some of nature’s most awesome phenomena.
Just a reminder — the Museum of Science and Industry also offers a ton of FREE DAYS that you can go and enjoy the Museum for FREE!
Upcoming FREE DAYS in 2018 are:
2018 Illinois Free Day Schedule
Illinois residents receive free Museum Entry1 on the following remaining dates in 2018:
|September||4–6, 10–13, 17–20, 24–27|
1 On Illinois Free Days, Museum Entry is free for all Illinois residents who show valid proof of residency. No further Chicago residency discounts apply on Illinois Free Days. Giant Dome Theater films, Coal Mine and optional U-505 onboard tours, and certain temporary exhibits are not included in Museum Entry, and require separate admission. See Ticket Prices on Illinois Free Days and Parking.
On Illinois Free Days, general admission is free for all Illinois residents who show valid proof of residency. No further Chicago residency discounts apply on Illinois Free Days. Omnimax films, the optional U-505 onboard tour, and certain temporary exhibits are not included in general admission, and require separate admission.