Come out to the Ravenswood Artwalk for their tour of arts & industry at the 18th Annual Ravenswood ArtWalk on Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15. The Greater Ravenswood Chamber of Commerce partners together with the historic Ravenswood Industrial Corridor for a weekend that showcases the bustling hub of artisans, manufacturers, and brewers! This annual two-day party is filled with street art, food trucks, live music and more.
Located on Ravenswood Avenue between Irving Park Road and Leland Avenue, the ArtWalk gives guests the chance to connect with artisans of all kinds! Engage with painters, jewelers, brewers, teachers, instrument makers, architects, dancers, potters, photographers, and musicians, up close and personal. At the center of the ArtWalk is the RAW Street Fest, which features over 50 exhibitors, two stages of live music, a craft beer garden, children’s activity corner, and food truck roundup. Grab a bite and a drink while enjoying live entertainment! The Lillstreet Art Center at Ravenswood and Montrose avenues hosts a free open house with all-ages drop-in workshops. The fest runs 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday along Ravenswood Avenue, from Irving Park Road north to Leland Avenue. $5 suggested donation. http://www.ravenswoodartwalk.org/
“The Ravenswood Industrial Corridor is a unique community in the city of Chicago,” says executive director Megan Bunimovich. “It’s made up of everything from art galleries to breweries. The ArtWalk is the perfect opportunity for residents and neighbors to get to know all of the incredible businesses that the corridor has to offer.”
A few highlights of the ArtWalk include:
- Begyle Brewing’s Craft Beer Garden & Food Truck Roundup: enjoy live music, local brews, and great food.
- Big Teeth Productions 60 Second Film Festival: each of the participating filmmakers has created a short film inspired by a famous work of art. The entire festival can be viewed in less than ten minutes, after which guests are invited to vote for their favorite film.
- Lillstreet Art Center Open House: meet artists, shop their collections in-studio, and step inside the spaces of professional artists at work. Take a self-guided tour and visit their 2nd and 3rd floor studios.
- RAW Children’s Corner: located at Ravenswood and Berteau, kids will enjoy hands-on building projects from Bit Space youth makers lab, craft tables, kite making, musical games, youth art projects, and more.
- Access to Historic Buildings: explore the old buildings of the Ravenswood Industrial Corridor and visit instrument makers, glass workers, museum archives, ceramic studios, and more.
Businesses participating in RAW include:
- 4500 Artists
- Awakenings Art Gallery
- Begyle Brewing
- Big Teeth Productions
- Bill Bartelt Watercolor Studio
- Blackbird Framing & Gallery
- Century Mallet Instrument Services
- Chex Studio
- Chicago Academy of Scientists/Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum Archives
- Chicago Glass Collective
- Cynthia Weiss and Jessie Smith Larson
- DEFY Manufacturing
- Forteza Fitness
- Laurie Shaman Ceramics
- Lillstreet Art Center
- Lucila’s Homemade
- Megan Benetatos Studio
- Mr. & Mrs. DIGZ
- R. Stromberg’s Chicago Photography Classes
- Redline VR
- Richard Shipps Studio
- SpiderMeka Photography
- Starshaped Press
- Vagabond School of the Arts
The Ravenswood ArtWalk is Saturday, September 14 and Sunday, September 15 from 11AM – 6PM. A $5 donation is requested upon entry at the RAW Street Fest and helps to keep the rest of the festival un-ticketed and free.