It’s time to say goodbye to 2020 and welcome 2021 with delicious food. Here’s a list of restaurants offering New Year’s Eve and New Year’s specials.
Restaurants are kicking-off 2021 with some creative pre-packaged takeout meals, discounts on luxury edibles and even some awesome freebies.
Note: Details may vary by franchise and location. Therefore, we suggest calling your nearest location in advance to confirm hours, make a reservation if necessary and get the lowdown on their hours, policies and any COVID-19 guidelines/restrictions they have in place, which may include limited or outdoor seating only.
Whether you’re looking for food or last-minute gifts, there are plenty of holiday season deals to be had. Just keep in mind, you’ll want to check the store hours before planning on cashing in on any of the deals outlined below.
- Applebee’s: Every month Applebee’s has a cocktail of the month. The price ranges from $1 to $5. However, during the month of December, there are a number of holiday cocktails available for $5 and under.
- IHOP: IHOP often has a holiday-inspired menu for people interested in dining out. They will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It is important to remember that restaurant seating will be limited in most locations due to COVID-19 restrictions. Call ahead for seating.
- McDonald’s: Spend at least $1 through the McDonalds app and receive the “meal of the day” for free. Mickey D’s is doing this for 11 days leading up to Christmas. The fast-food chain has collaborated with a number of celebrities to feature their favorite menu item each day for free (even the McRib made a comeback). In the week leading up to Christmas, freebies include coffee, McFlurries, and baked goods.
- Applebee’s: Most Applebee’s locations will be open from 11 a.m. to midnight on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Find the Applebee’s nearest you and enjoy a $5 Sleigh Bell Sip (dine-in only).
- Balducci’s – The Food Lover’s Market: Get your New Year’s Eve order in early. Right now, through Dec. 31, Balducci’s is offering the Ultimate Luxury Caviar Sale. Save 25-30% on Balducci’s Galilee Osetra and White Sturgeon caviars. And there’s plenty more. Shop online at Balducci’s for food gifts, complete holiday meals, chef-prepared classic quiches and more.
- Black Angus Steakhouse: Helping families enjoy special holiday meals at home, Black Angus Steakhouse is featuring a variety of meal packages to-go. Serving four people, their Holiday Family Meal features a Prime Rib entree. The New Year’s Eve To-Go Pack, serves two and features filet mignon and lobster tails. There is a single meal offering with your choice of prime rib or filet mignon and lobster tail for $34.99, a ¼ prime rib meal for 6-8 people or ½ prime rib meal for 12-14 people (both feature all the fixings), as well as holiday platters that feed between 10 and 12 people. Available for pick up or delivery at Black Angus.
- Boston Market: Many Boston Market locations will be open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. But you’ll want to check your local store for hours. Also, they are offering Dinner Delivered. These are complete meals for between 4-12 people and are shipped right to your house. Boston Market also does catering as well as Heat & Serve Prime Rib Meals.
- Buca di Beppo: Start your new year off by bringing home a delicious and affordable Meal Deal from Buca de Beppo. Or, if you’d prefer to dine-in, find your location and give them a call to check their hours.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Most Buffalo Wild Wings locations will be open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. And since New Year’s Eve happens to fall on a Thursday, you might want to take advantage of their BOGO Boneless Thursday offering. Buy one, get one FREE boneless wings delivered or to go.
- Burger King: Most Burger King locations will be open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. For some holiday fun, enjoy one of the many specials they are running now including Mix n’ Match 2 for $5, 3 for $3 Choose your Bundle, or commit to a real change in 2021 and try your first Impossible Burger.
- The Cheesecake Factory: Most Cheesecake Factory restaurants will remain open on both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Start 2021 off right by swinging by and picking up one (or more) of their 30 legendary cheesecakes. And, if you purchased one of their Gift Cards before Dec. 31, during the GET A FREE SLICE event, you may want to partake of the slice on New Year’s Day when it first becomes redeemable.
- Chick-fil-A: Most Chick-fil-A locations will be open on New Year’s Eve from 6:30 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. On New Year’s Day, most restaurants will be open from 10:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Check your local store hours here.
- Carrabba’s Spend New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day with a beautiful bowl of pasta and warm Italian bread at Carrabba’s. Although they will be open, you may also want to take advantage of one of their made-from-scratch bundled meals. Available for car-side carryout and delivery, you can feed the entire family, starting at only $34.99. Each bundle feeds up to five and features entrées such as Lasagne, Chicken Parmesan, Salmon Saporito and more, complete with fresh salad and bread.
- Chili’s: Most locations will be open on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. Join Chili’s Rewards and get FREE chips and salsa with every order! Or use your $10 Bonus Card on Jan. 1 when it first becomes redeemable.
- Chipotle: Typically open on both New Year’s Day and New Year’s Eve, check with your local Chipotle as many have reduced hours on these days.
- Curry Up Now: If your plan is to stay in on New Year’s Day and save a little money, Curry Up Now (with 14 locations throughout the U.S.) has a BOGO offer with your name on it. Buy one family-style entrée and get another one FREE with the promo code 2021. Use the Curry Up Now app or order on their website. Promo is good from Jan. 1 through Jan 3.
- Denny’s: A lot of things went kittywampus in 2020, making us wonder what we could count on. Well, Denny’s being open 24-hours a day is keeping it real. Craving a Lumberjack Slam at 3 a.m. on Dec. 31? Head on over. They’ll take care of you.
- Eddie V’s: Whether you are looking to serve great food on your china or gather at Eddie V’s and eat off theirs, they are looking forward to helping you ring in the new year. They have two pre-selected four-course dinner menus. One that serves from four to six people and one that serves two people. These pre-selected menus, as well as their entire dinner menu and Black-Tie Marketplace Boxes, are all available for takeout. Order today and pick up on New Year’s Eve.
- Kona Grill: From Dec. 31 through Jan 3, ring in the New Year at Kona Grill with some special menu items: Lobster Potstickers ($19), Winter Salad ($16), Seared Salmon ($29), Miso Beef Short Rib ($33), Surf & Turf ($36) and Whiskey Bread Pudding ($12). Open on New Year’s Eve from 11 a.m. until 1 a.m., all Kona Grill locations will feature a live DJ. If you are taking the quieter approach, Kona Grill is also offering these same specials for delivery and curbside pickup.
- Landry’s Kitchen: The restaurant group behind The Oceanaire Seafood Room, Morton’s The Steakhouse, Palm Restaurant, Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse, Mastro’s, Del Frisco’s, Chart House and more just launched Landry’s Kitchen delivery program, delivering restaurant quality food to your home. Enjoy the Succulent Steak and Lobster Holiday Splendor, now priced at $217.99 from $317.99. It includes four filet mignons and four lobster tails. To see their many offerings, visit Landry’s Kitchen.
- Lettuce Entertain You: The restaurant group Lettuce Entertain You, with over 130 restaurants in nine states, has found clever ways to innovate during these challenging times, pleasing many who are feeling the limitations of restaurants in their area. If you will be in the Chicago area, Metro D.C., Las Vegas, Twin Cities, Los Angeles or Austin on New Year’s Day, you are likely to find a variety of creative brunch specials, for takeout and dine-in from one of the delightful Lettuce Entertain You group of restaurants. For take-out, most are open from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. and dine-in hours run from 11 a.m. until 10 p.m. To check out restaurants like RPM Seafood, RPM Steak, Stripburger and Chicken, Twin City Grill, Joe’s Stone Crab, Three Dots and a Dash, Lettuce at Navy Pier and more, see the entire listing and find hours at Lettuce Entertain You.
- Mastro’s: Keeping New Year’s Eve special and ushering 2021 in with style, Mastro’s Restaurants is offering a special prix fixe New Year’s Eve four-course menu with a complimentary Moet Imperial Champagne Toast and live entertainment at select locations for $250 per guest. Reservations are strongly recommended for New Year’s Eve dining. Or check out their New Year’s Eve To-Go Packages for a delightful and delicious evening at home.
- McDonald’s: All McDonald’s restaurants are open on both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. But you may just want to send 2020 packing from your couch. If so, order your favorite McDonald’s meal, delivered to you via McDelivery on Uber Eats. From Dec. 31 through midnight on Jan. 3, the delivery fee for McDelivery on Uber Eats orders over $20 is FREE
- Metro Diner: Send 2020 off with a special New Year Prix Fixe menu from Metro Diner (open for regular dining hours). Choose Beef Tips or Salmon with sides, soup or salad and chocolate cake for dessert, at the unbeatable price of $19.99. Learn more about how to enjoy a perfect New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day dining in at Metro Diner or with a special takeout meal here.
- Mon Ami Gabi: For a completely unique New Year’s experience, consider the ’Round the Fire Pit Kits being offered by Mon Ami Gabi in Las Vegas from Dec. 9 through Jan. 31. The French-inspired all-in-one fire pit packages (built for two) come complete with Brie en Croûte, Homemade Fudge Hot Chocolate, Whole Fresh Chestnuts for roasting, Make Your Own Hot Toddy with fixings and Chocolate Pecan Bars for $50 plus tax. Mon Ami Gabi invites you to make winter quarantine memories with these unique kits which can be pre-ordered 24 hours in advance and picked up from Mon Ami Gabi at Paris Hotel & Casino at 3655 S. Las Vegas Blvd. in Las Vegas Nevada.
- Morton’s The Steakhouse: Morton’s will celebrate the new year on both New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day with its standard menu. Reservations required. Make yours today.
- Patxi’s Pizza: Giving us a reason to celebrate, Patxi’s Pizza, with 17 locations throughout California, Washington and Colorado, will be offering 20% off all takeout orders on Dec. 31, 2020. The offer can be redeemed via phone, online or through the app with code BYE2020 and no minimum purchase is required.
- Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse: Offering several special meals crafted exclusively to help ring in the new year, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse has got you covered whether you choose to dine-in with them or enjoy your meal in the comfort of your home. If you are dining in, you’ll want to try the Celebration Surf & Turf (two cold-water lobster tails with choice of filet starting at $54.95). If celebrating at home, consider their New Year’s Eve Dinner for two—which is served hot and includes a choice of starter (Caesar or Steak House Salad), two entrees (8 oz. Petite Filet, 16 oz. Ribeye, Stuffed Chicken or Salmon), two sides (Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Creamed Spinach or Steamed Broccoli) and a Shareable Sin Cake starting at $99. This meal is available for preorder and can be picked up only on Thursday, Dec. 31 at all open U.S. locations. Ruth’s Chris will be open from 3 – 10 p.m. on New Year’s Eve for dine-in service (where available) and pick-up and takeout service.
- SAJJ Mediterranean: Celebrate and save! SAJJ Mediterranean, with 10 locations throughout California, is promoting a BOGO half-off from Dec. 29 through Dec. 31. Guests can take advantage of 50% off their second menu item at all SAJJ by placing their order either on the SAJJ app or the website by using the promo code 2021 (Family meals are excluded from this order).
- Smith & Wollensky: Inviting you to let them do the work (all you have to do is turn on the oven) Smith & Wollensky has put together a complete Holiday Dinner with classic S&W sides and dessert. Check out their Prime Rib and Tenderloin Dinner menus here. Give them 24 hours advance notice and pick up your meal on New Year’s Eve or New Year’s Day.
- STK Steakhouse: Say “hasta la vista” to 2020 in decadent style at STK Steakhouse with menu specials including buttery Wagyu beef, a Bone Marrow & Caviar appetizer and several mouthwatering takes on Surf & Turf. Check out all of their New Year’s Eve offerings, find their nearest location and make a reservation here.
- The Capital Grille: Making the 2020 holiday memorable with a four-course family-style dinner to enjoy at home, The Capital Grille has put together a complete menu featuring a Whole Rack of Bone-In Filet or Kona Crusted Bone-In Ribeye as the main course, starting at $165 (three-course dinners and holiday sides are also being offered. Availability is limited, so pre-order today for pickup on Dec. 23 – 24 and 30 – 31.
- Yard House: Looking forward to a laidback New Year’s Day football watch party? Check out the Yard House’s Tailgate Takeout Pack. It features their chicken nachos, wings and a choice of two pizzas for $50.