Football fans can get FREE rides after the game on 10/13, —courtesy of our partners, Molson Coors and Vizzy. The free rides will be available on the following CTA routes for three hours on Thursday – beginning at approximately 9:30 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. the next day – unless indicated otherwise:
- #128 Soldier Field Express: All rides on the #128 Soldier Field Express will be free both before and after the game.
- #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express: Free rides following the game when boarding from the bus stop at the stadium.
- Roosevelt Red/Green/Orange Line: Free rides following the game.
Customers can also save on unlimited rides by purchasing either the CTA’s 1-Day ($5) – far more economical and convenient than the price of gas and parking – or the 3-Day ($15) pass – a real budget-saving move.
Extra service to various events including music concerts and the Chicago Bears game at Soldier Field; Weekend work to temporarily impact the Green Line
Service for Upcoming Events
Extra service on the #20 Madison before each event, and extra service on the #19 United Center Express and the #50 Damen routes after each event
- The Who concert – Wed. 10/12 at 7:30 p.m.
- Harry Styles concert – Thu. 10/13, Fri. 10/14 and Sat. 10/15 at 8 p.m.
- Lizzo concert – Sun. 10/16 at 8 p.m.
Extra service on the #146 Inner Drive/Michigan Express
- Washington Commanders vs. Chicago Bears – Thu. 10/13 at 7:15 p.m.
Weekend Work to Temporarily Impact Green Line Service
- Between Sat. 10/15 at 5 a.m. and 4 p.m., rail service between the Garfield and Cottage Grove stations will be temporarily suspended. More details
- Shuttle buses will operate in both directions serving all affected stations during this time.
- Service changes are due to track maintenance work occurring this weekend.
Know before you go!
The CTA strongly recommends customers allow extra travel time and plan ahead by downloading the Ventra app, which allows you to manage your Ventra account, and also features a new trip planning tool powered by Google Maps.
Masks are no longer required on CTA: While the city continues to see low levels of transmission of COVID-19, customers and employees who wish to continue wearing masks are encouraged to do so. We ask all customers to be courteous and respectful to fellow riders.
Fare payment options: We offer a variety of convenient payment options—from smart devices to contactless credit cards. Learn more about payment options and ways you can maximize your dollars with our lower-priced unlimited-ride passes by visiting: transitchicago.com/fares/
Service updates: Stay in the Loop on CTA service and follow us on Facebook or Twitter (@CTA) for system travel updates and alerts. For details about all CTA service, call 312-836-7000 or visit the CTA website at transitchicago.com.